Old-fashioned Apple Crumble & Chocolate Fudge

I typed this up ages ago on my original blog.  My daughter recently asked for chocolate fudge, that is what I call self saucing chocolate pudding, I called it that as a child.  These recipes would not be metric. 

My Nana was a good cook.  She loved to bake slices and make puddings.  She also made trifle.  I loved her mixing bowl, it was a slightly different color at the bottom from use.  All was made on the kitchen table, mostly baked in the wood oven.  She had flour drawers built into her cupboards when she ordered them.  Her drawer had a broken tea cup for measuring.

Apple Crumble

1 cup Self Raising Flour
3/4 cup coconut dessicated
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter
Rub butter into dry ingredients.  Put onto top of stewed apple and bake. 
This recipe is before metric.
Chocolate Fudge
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 cup Self Raising flour
2 level dessertspoons cocoa
Cream butter and sugar, add unbeaten egg.  Fold in milk, flour, and cocoa alternately.  Pour cake mixture into deep greased baking dish.  Make topping with 1/2 cup sugar and 2 level dessertspoons cocoa and sprinkle on top of cake mixture in dish then gently spoon 1 1/2 cups hot water onto mixture.  Bake in moderate oven 35 mins. 
Also a non metric recipe.

Comments

Popular Posts