Winter Menu

Variety of Eggs in a Bowl Photographic Print

Some of these recipes I think can be adapted.  Like I may use normal pasta instead of wholemeal, and I have used a few recipes to come up with my own Gozleme using another lady's idea, she tried it and it worked, so we will try our own version following her idea.  I am not having actual roast chicken, just a BBQ chicken from the shop with gravy over it.  The ideas came from sale items at the green grocers and the left over silverbeet I have.  We tend to keep adding to our knowledge of variations of things or combinations of foods that we have enjoyed before.  Hence the haloumi.  If we can't buy rocket pesto we will use another one we make ourselves, that is in a sausage bake I have posted before.  I have rocket left over from one of the other dishes.  Swap recipes on my site, are recipes using ingredients I have already bought but are similar and usually don't use the meat that I end up not being able to buy.  However I do except my food budget to improve.  But in the meantime I have learnt to appreciate the simpler dishes in most cases.  Looking forward to eating more tuna.  Going to use half chicken on special for one recipe and another with the half jar of pesto in our fridge. 

Tuesday ~ Gozleme
Wednesday ~ Roasted Potato with Haloumi & Rosemary & Roast Chicken & Gravy
Thursday ~ Wholemeal Pasta Spirals with Rocket Pesto, Green Beans & Potato
Friday ~ Cauliflower, Pumpkin & Pea Korma (uses left over tomatoes)
Saturday ~  Tuna Pilau
Sunday ~ Tuna, Fennel & Caper Spaghetti
Monday ~ Salami, Broccoli & Cabbage Pasta
Tuesday ~ Savoury Mince & Potato Wedges
Wednesday ~ Chicken Schnitzel Burgers
Thursday ~ Chicken & Tomato Pesto Pappardelle
Friday ~ Savoury Mince & Chat Potatoes
Saturday ~ Paella
Sunday ~ Pumpkin & Bean Salad with Feta
Monday ~ Moroccan Lentil & Chickpea Soup

Interesting recipes:
Gozleme (silverbeet snack with homemade flatbread and feta inside)
Greek Pasta Filo Pie (uses lamb mince)
Warm Potato & Sausage Salad (uses Italian sausages)
Warm Potato & Sausage Salad (uses chipolatas)
Tuna & Hummus Wraps
Ham, Bean & Cabbage Soup
Pumpkin & Feta Arancini
Lentil & Haloumi Salad

Success from last week:  
Chicken, Silverbeet & Fennel Potato Pie

Baking:
Apple & Almond Pie
using gifted apples
recipe from Foodworks calendar from notes section on their facebook page, I can buy the almonds with my fruit and vegetables

Comments

Anonymous said…
Right off the mark I had to Google Gozleme as I can't recall ever hearing of it before. That's another one to tuck under my culinary belt.

Popular Posts