Japanese Pancakes, Tonkatsu Sauce & Our Fortnightly Menu

universal quick fix


Tuesday 10th ~ Chicken, Corn & Risoni Soup (uses silverbeet)
Wednesday ~ Bacon & Cheese Burgers (uses stuffing mix)
Thursday ~ Easy Chicken Chow Mein (uses Singapore styled noodles I have already, still cleaning out that pantry and chicken mince)
Friday ~ Greek Lentil Soup (uses left over dill)
Saturday ~ Vegetarian Pancakes (for left over cabbage)
Sunday ~ Corn Quesadillas with Bean Salad (hopefully I will get the tortillas this time)
Monday ~ Japanese Pancakes (a new recipe includes bacon & potato)
Tuesday ~ Polenta with White Bean Salad
Wednesday ~ Japanese Pancakes (another new recipe with BBQ chicken & canned prawns)
Thursday ~ Sausage & Egg Muffin Burgers
Friday ~ Zucchini & Bacon Slice with Chips
Saturday ~ Zucchini Burgers
Sunday ~ Savoury Mince & Potato Wedges
Monday ~ Spicy Beef Noodle Stir Fry (uses rice stick noodles which we have)

My son offered to go to the Hub while he was practising taking the bus to uni. He is buying me some Kewpie mayonnaise and hopefully will be able to find some Tonkatsu sauce which we haven't tried. But unfortunately the shop was closed. We usually use Worcestershire sauce for our Japanese Pancakes which we love. We love the pancakes and the sauce lol. Tonkatsu is a Japanese Worcestershire sauce. We tried something like HP Sauce once and it was very nice, which makes sense as Tonkatsu seems fruity as well. Here is a place to buy it online. Buying one or two or three items online like that has worked well for me in the past. I found two new recipes for the pancakes, which I will add to my post on them here. Here is the basic idea behind Japanese Pancakes.

My son was making a family recipe of zucchini slice and has left over bacon which he bought English muffins for. Hence the recipe for muffin burgers. He only wants bacon and eggs, but I thought I would try this for a meal.

Swap recipe: Stir fried Beef & Vegetable Chow Mein (uses Singapore styled noodles and mince, in case we can't get the chicken)

Success from last week: Beef & Vegetable Bolognaise still rich like normal bolognaise

Bacon & Avocado Burgers, we did this on the fly, I think to use up the avocado. One of the best Turkish bread burgers we have made, I love them!

Comments

Popular Posts