Menu Thoughts



Last fortnight I had some pumpkin recipes left over. We had just finished Pasta with Pumpkin Sauce and used up our pumpkin. No specials online on pumpkin. The next day, Tuesday, my husband brought home one, then two more Kent/Butternut cross pumpkins, very pretty. They are rounder on the bottom and have green patterned bits on them.

So on with the pumpkin recipes!

Monday ~ Low-GI Lentil Patties with Roast Tomato Sauce
Tuesday ~ Pumpkin & Capsicum Fajitas
Wednesday ~ Spicy Pumpkin & Coriander Fritters
Thursday ~ Curried Green Pea Soup (decided to use a recipe so similar from Cookery The Australia way, about 2003 version)
Friday ~ Vegetarian Japanese Pancakes
Saturday ~ Gnocchi with Sugo again
Sunday ~ Pasta with Pumpkin, Tomato & Butter Beans
Monday ~ Broccoli & Pasta
Tuesday ~ Creamy Roast Pumpkin Pasta
Wednesday ~ Black-eyed Bean, Mushroom & Silverbeet Balti
Thursday ~ Italian Soup with Cheesy Damper
Friday ~ Creamy Fettucine with Brussels Sprouts
Saturday ~ Vegetarian Japanese Pancakes
Sunday ~ Greek Lentil Soup
Monday ~ Pumpkin & Spinach Cannelloni

Swap recipes:

Adzuki Beans, Pumpkin & Ginger Casserole
Tomato & Rosemary Risotto Cake
Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta

Success from last week:

Vegetarian Japanese Pancakes. You know I love the ones from the taste site, well this recipe despite not having lovely fried pork mince embedded in the top, or nice steak pieces, it substantial, which is always an issue for me feeding a family. I like my meal to fill us up! We didn't have the salmon the recipe said it wasn't necessary. We tried our new Kewpie mayonnaise. It comes out like cream from the bottle. It made the pancakes really. We decided for our tastes, we are going to change the flour rations around. My daughter put on too much mayo, doesn't work.

Interesting recipes:

Black-eyed Pea Salad
Black-eyed Bean & Vegetable Curry
Exotic Spicy Black-eyed Black-eyed Bean Curry
Mince with Black-eyed Beans
Mexican black-eyed bean soup
Carribean Butternut Pumpkin & Sweet Corn Stew

My husband said that soon we are getting a large jar of anchovies! I wonder if there will be anchovy recipes on my blog in a month's time? It took 11 days to make this menu and I am about 4 days early!

I recipe for the Chrisco frozen vegetables:

Vegetable Fritters

Comments

Maria said…
You guys are loving your pumpkin recipes.. and are you all losing weight?! You seem to eat so healthy! We really need to boost our vege meals too.. it's been a while.. time to cut down on some carbs.
Linda said…
My husband says he has lost weight.

Popular Posts