Menu & Pantry Challenge

Still Life with Various Types of Beans


No I haven't fallen off the menu planning wagon. I went for a small shop while I was buying deb dresses and shoes and other evening dresses etc. Mostly I bought the ingredients for tuna casserole we were to have that night as I would be home after the shops closed. I asked my husband to buy ingredients for the Greek Salad and the pies and things for when he was away on a business trip, or a trip for work to learn things. Obviously I have spent modest amount on the dresses, but since I don't usually do that sort of thing, I am doing a pantry challenge so my son can come home for the weekend as well, as it is Labour Day and Canberra Day, which is nice, it doesn't usually happen that way. Maybe it will again next year. I know I looked for borlotti beans recipes, as I always try to keep borlotti, lentils, chickpeas and butter beans in the pantry, 2 cans of each for recipes for 6 people.

Tuesday ~ Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake (Chicken Mince)
Wednesday ~ Pumpkin & Green Bean Curry
Thursday ~ Tuna Casserole
Friday ~ Tuna & Mushroom Spaghetti (I think)
Saturday ~ I forgot what it was but it was planned out
Sunday ~ Pies & Chips
Monday ~ Fish Fingers with Greek Salad
Tuesday ~ Spaghetti Bolognaise
Wednesday ~ Vege Burgers & Wedges that we didn't have because of left overs (a new thing in this house)
Thursday ~ Zucchini Pasta
Friday ~ Red Lentil Burgers & Wedges
Saturday ~ Anchovy Puttanesca
Sunday ~ Instant Falafel Burgers with Rice & Herb Salad
Monday ~ Mexican Macaroni Cheese

Extra recipe: Broccoli Pasta
Spicy Lentil Noodles
Pasta Primavera
Brown Lentil & Vegetable Soup (depends how many cans of tomatoes I have)
Vegetarian Lentil, Carrot & Cumin Loaf


Interesting recipe I could use in the future:
Sausage & Pumpkin Curry
Noodle Salad uses lebananese cucumbers and cooked chicken
Rice Noodle & Vegetable Salad
Baked Beans with Cheese Cornbread
Left-over Spaghetti Frittata

Comments

Popular Posts