Cheap Mince other than Beef

I had the opportunity to shop at Coles at the regional centre again. I have tried three Coles, this one was very pleasant. They had every mince (or hamburger/sausage) cheap as long as it wasn't beef. They also had a half-price goldfish bowl, my daughter was very happy. Now to catch a fish from our pond.

Thursday ~ Bacon & Cauliflower Soup with Parmesan Crisps (uses bacon bones)
Friday ~ Pot Stickers or Pork & Ginger Dumplings
Saturday ~ Broccoli & Bacon Pasta
Sunday ~ Tuna & Mushroom Spaghetti
Monday ~ Tuna Pilau
Tuesday ~ Left-over Rigatoni Bolognaise below
Wednesday ~ Stir-fried Lamb, Vegetables & Noodles
Thursday ~ Szechuan Lamb Rissoles with Asian Greens (when the 3 kids aren't home)
Friday ~ Chorizo & Vegetable Soup
Saturday ~ Pork Mince & Cabbage Stir-fry
Sunday ~ Pork Mince Stroganoff
Monday ~ Italian Sausages & Beans
Tuesday ~ Rigatoni Bolognaise made with pork sausages & veal mince
Wednesday ~ Mustard Sausages, Potatoes & Beans & Tomato Sauce (when the 3 kids aren't not home)

Spaghetti Bolognese

Comments

Kadeeae said…
Hi Linda-

Another great menu, but I have to ask . . . what in the world are pot stickers? I wasn't sure if the 'OR' bit meant it was just another name for dumplings or they were something completely different and you hadn't decided which you were having yet :-)
Linda said…
I used to wonder as well, then I noticed the alternative name at the bottom of the recipe with the link.

Then I got used to calling them that lol.
Yummmmmmmm.
I really really need to start doing up my menus.
It made life much easier when I did have a menu in place.
You made me laugh about the coles mince....
I just made chickensauasage rolls...
Because I could buy it so chaep and Pork mince even turkey mince.

Good old beef mince is'nt really a cheap feed anymore anyway.

Popular Posts